Two years ago, we had the opportunity to get introduced to the NZXT S340 computer case, and we had a blast testing out all the newly implemented features of that case. All in all, it was a great computer case made by NZXT, so we are hoping that this refreshed version of the S340 is even better than the original. The new S340 got the name Elite. Therefore we are expecting some of the “elite” features from this case and great build quality that is associated with the name of this brand.
Our first impressions of this mid-tower case are great. When it comes to the design of the case we can’t argue, it’s sleek and modern, but that’s a subjective opinion. The minimalist look is perfected with a matt finish, the ports and buttons are placed on the top of the case in a subtle manner, so they don’t get in conflict with the design. The only thing that stands out is the tempered glass side panel, which enhances your custom PC build.
Exciting Features of the NZXT S340 Elite
The key feature of this computer case is of course its beautiful side panel, it is just something that stands out the most when you first look at the case. NZXT did a right thing by redesigning their already popular S340 to feature a tempered glass side panel that offers a better look of your PC components. It goes without saying that adding an RGB LED strip to your build will make it stand out even more.
The materials that were used to build this case are very strong and durable, overall they have been significantly upgraded from the previous version.
The dust problem was solved with a simple pair of 120mm NZXT fans. The case is completely relying on those fans to keep the entire PC cool. There is also room for two 140/120mm fans on the front side. The I/O panel is located on the top of the case, and it has a good selection of USB ports as well as an HDMI pass-through connection that is a great addition that can help you hook up a VR headset.
- Dimensions (mm) 203 x 432 x 474 (W x D x H)
- Weight 8.13kg
- Front panel: Power, 2 x USB 2.0,2 x USB 3.0, HDMI, stereo, microphone
- Dust Filters: Front (Included), Bottom Rear (Included)
- Material: Steel, ABS plastic, Tempered glass side panel
- Motherboard Support: mini-ITX, ATX, Micro ATX,
- Fan Support: 2 x 140mm/120mm front fan mounts (not included), 1 x 120mm rear fan mount (best 120mm fan included), 140mm/120mm roof fan mount (120mm fan not included)
Pros and Cons of the S340 Elite
- HDMI connection located on top of the case.
- Available room for a 280mm cooler in the front of the case
- Side panel with the best tempered glass case and steel chassis
- Optimized cable management for easy build
- Complicated drive installation
- Top panel with no dust filter
- No Velcro straps for cable management
Overall, NZXT S340 Elite was not a letdown. It was quite the contrary. It has very similar features to the original one, but also has some newly implemented ones that are making this computer case unique.
Last Updated on